Friday, May 25, 2007

turning sixteen

Next week...daughter turns sixteen...she can't decide on how to celebrate...this friend doesn't like that friend and so on...can't afford a dozen parties! She won't have a pedicure or manicure...germs (OCD worries)...She wants to travel far away and I have high anxiety when I drive ten miles away, so I don't leave home much. Oy...Whatever does or doesn't happen,she's good about remaining happy. I just wanted to make it extra special, after all you only turn sixteen once.
Any suggestions???

2 comments:

~jolene said...

craftyhala...hey! Thanks for playing along with my "Do You Hear What I Hear, Here?" game on my blog :)

Ah, 16...I have a granddaughter turning that magical age soon! Hmm, are you up for a trip to Disneyland? Ok..a bit too far, from NW Washington :)

How about a mother-daughter shopping spree and lunch at some place you would never think of going. Trying something new and different together? Or a photo-journal walk around your town...then you can take the photos and gather them in a memory book of when she 'turned 16'...she will appreciate it when she's forty :)

J C said...

Uh, well, let's see. What did I want when I was 16...well, you could buy her a new Corvette! JUST KIDDING!!!!! Hope it's a great day, whatever you do. :)