Wednesday, December 19, 2007

V is for

Volcano
Mt Baker in Northwest Washington
Mount Baker is an active volcano that I can see from my back yard.
We see what looks like puffs of smoke from time to time from the Mountain when it is venting.
I guess it's a vapor release or something.
It's a beautiful mountain that offers our area camping, hiking and skiing among other things.
*(added at 11:00pm) I was never nervous to live near the mountain( 30 miles from the base), however after the four comments I've received, I might be! :)

8 comments:

NYCindividual said...

Does it scare you at all to live near an active volcano? Great pic, by the way!

I just joined ABC Wednesday and thought I would stop by.

Neva said...

Can I tell you how scared I would be to live so near a volcano? It is very beautiful though.....I also would be scared to live in California because of the earthquakes.....lol...like your "V".

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great photo of Mt Baker, have not seen it up close but at a distant this last yr.

Anonymous said...

wow what a great site to see from your yard but OMG I would be soo terrified to live next to a volcano!!

bonnie said...

Wow, that's incredible to live near to such natural beauty. I love the Pacific Northwest.

DigitalShutterMania said...

craftyhala, When Vocalno does not explode, it looks peacefully. Anyways, you said that there is something being released from it. Wow it's still hot lol.

Take care
DSM

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I think the fact it "releases" now and then is probably a good thing...less pressure built up don't you think? It's a beautiful sight that's for sure! What a view!
XOXOXO

Pam Aries said...

If I ever live next to a volcano ...it will be in Hawaii! ha ha! Actually, I live in a big Hurricane zone so we probably have more chance of a disaster than the Volcano! how is your Mom! I am glad she's home for the holidays,.